Happy new years, my friends. I hope the holidays were good to you all and that you have had a great kickoff to your new year.
2012 was an interesting year for me on the creative front. I got to continue my work with Scott Sigler and A Kovacs from Dark Øverlord Media and K. Gainor. I also had the chance to work with a few new clients like Matt Wallace, Jake Bible, and A.P. Stephens, to name a few.
In the coming year, I hope to continue work with these clients and also add a few more to my own creative rolodex. Over the next few months I am looking to increase my creative footprint and expand my design business opportunities.
Toward this end, I am working on a digital/print portfolio “magazine” to feature examples of my various creative design offerings. The intent of this “portazine” is to provide a downloadable media kit for potential clients who visit my site or who I contact directly and also as a printable portfolio that I can provide to folks if the opportunity arises at cons or other opportunistic gatherings. Throughout this media kit I’ll be providing examples of my photography, digital designs, cover designs, illustrations, recommendations, and the like.
In one of the sections of this media kit I am planning on providing a set of faux interview questions to allow the viewer/reader the opportunity to get to know a little more about me and/or my works (more detail than can be directly gleaned from a simple resume or visual examples of my works).
This is where i could use your help!
Below are the starting questions I have for this faux interview. If you could, take a look and give me your opinion on these. Also, if you have any other probing questions you think would be better or would add to the overall picture of what I’m trying to get across in this media kit, let me know. Put yourself into the chair of the interviewer: what would you like to know about Scott Pond if you were looking to hire me for a project or series of projects?
If you have any ideas, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment!
- Who is Scott Pond? What makes him tick?
- If you were to describe yourself in 5 words what will they be?
- Where do you get the inspiration and ideas for your projects? Do they come strictly from your clients? Do they come from your own imagination? Other sources?
- A “Bucket List” question: if you could work with any client or creative person alive or dead, who would they be and why?
- How would others describe you and your work?
- Who is your hero, the person who most inspires you?
- When you aren’t working or being a creative, what do you like to do to let your hair down? What are your major hobbies and how do you relax?
- Does your artwork carry a particular message or is it meant for pure pleasure?
- What’s your vision of a perfect creative team?
- What would you do if today was your last day?
- What is the one piece of advice you would give anyone who wants to get into the various creative pursuits?